From Bigboos 3
Bigboos - Open Source Host Monitoring System
Basic monitoring is based on Traditional unix ping. HMS pings the hosts in background after a certain period and stores the results in mysql database. To start monitoring the hosts , follow the following steps.
* Click Hosts->Details * Click Add New in customer sections. * Add Customer name, crnid,address. * Go to Hosts->Add LL Host * Select Customer Name * Provide a hostname * Provide IP Address to monitor * Click Add IT.
Note: hostname/ip address should be unique.
Monitoring firewall disabled host
Firewall disabled host can be monitored by monitoring their port status at our side.For example if one of the leased line is down and customer has blocked the icmp for the router/server/firewall. than we can monitor the link by monitoring the port at our end on which customer is connected.
HMS will pool the port status using snmp and if Port is up and line protocol is also also up than HMS will consider it as 0ms latency other wise 100% loss.
To enable the same. You should follow the following steps.
1. Add host according to "basic host monitoring". 2. Change the host status to "Firewall Disabled". 3. Go to Hosts->Customer details 4. Select the Customer from 'List All' 4. Click on 'Add Links' 5. specify the following options 1.Title - any recognizable name for the link. 2.Link Type- whether is it main link or back up or sub main link. 3.Service Type- Leased Line / Collocation 4.Status - Live 5.Linked Host - the host which is linked with this link. (Host must be added before it is 6.Address/comment - only required when the link commissioning address and company address is different (optional)
5.Go back to company details.
If you had selected Leased Line in Service Type than you will get the following new links.
Follow the Add Technical details.
To monitor the service of Hosts you need to select service type collocation during adding the links in customer details.
After adding the link , you will get the following Link.
Go through the link and start the monitoring.
A. Dashboard - The front page m, provides the status oh Hosts. B. Ping status - The ping result of all hosts C. All COLO Status - The service status of hosts. D. User Management - The management of users for accessing the HMS. E. All Branch Dashboard - The dashboard to show all branches hosts. F. Device Manager - the manager to manage snmp based device ports.
A. Add Host - to add new host B. Host List -the list of all hosts C. Customer Details - the details of customer
A. Customer Wise Report. - the entire downtime report of selected customer. B. Customer Date Wise Report. - the downtime report of selected customer for selected period. C. All Customer Date wise Report. - the downtime report of all hosts for selected period. D. All Customer Datewise Percent Report - the downtime percentage report of all hosts for selected period.
Basic Host Dashboard
You can go to this dashboard by clicking the hostname on "Main Dashboard" or "Ping Status" in menu. Basic Host Dashboard provides you the following details.
1. Company Name.
2. Host Details.
3. Host Status.
4. Host Last Ping Report.
5. Host Last 10 downtimes.
6. Host last 24hour uptime/downtime pie chart.
7. Host ping response graphs.
8. Host Acknowledge Details.
9. Click to Check Again - manually check the host.
10.Click Here to update host details - > change the host details.
11.Host status is Not Set/Host status is Fluctuation (in future).
Service Monitoring Host Dashboard
You can reach this dashboard by clicking on hostname in "All COLO status" or "Dashboard link" in customer details. Provides the following details.
1. Company name.
2. Host Details.
3. Service Details.
4. Check the service again-> manually check the service status.